1. Equal Comparison
As + adjectives + as
* This book is as cheap as mine
* You are as beautiful as my mother
2. Comparative (Tingkat Lebih)
Comparative + than
* Your house is bigger than mine
* She is more beautiful than her sister
3. Superlative (Tingkat Paling)
The + superlative
* She is the best student in the class.
* Mr. William is the oldest teachers at school.
4. Parallel Comparison
* The + comparative, the + comparative (semakin…, semakin…)
* Comparative and comparative (makin lama makin …)
* The harder you study, the better chance you’ll get (makin keras kamu belajar, makin baik pula peluang yang akan kamu peroleh)
* You look more and more beautiful (kamu makin lama makin cantik)
* You are better and better (Kamu makin lama makin bagus saja)
5. Logical Comparison
* Henry’s salary is much higher than Alex’s
* My mother gets better than yours
b. That of
* The climate in Bandung is as mild as that of in Palembang (that of = the climate of)
c. Those of
* The duties of a driver are much more dangerous than those of a teacher
* Mary is smarter than anybody else in the class.
* Bali is smaller than any other province in Indonesia.