Kalau ada sebuah pernyataan yang berada di dalam tanda ( ) yang berada diantara Subjek dan kate Kerjanya (Predikat) dapat diabaikan.
* My husband (the doctor) works at Community Hospital. (=My husband works at Community Hospital)
* My best friend (the one in the green shirt) wants to meet you.
Kadang-kadang pernyataan yang berada diantara koma, juga sama seperti hal diatas:
* His brother, John, lives in Sacramento. (=His brother lives in Sacramento)
* Jack, and his brother, lives in Medan. ( bukan live. Sebab pernyataan �and his brother� disini sama dengan tidak ada, hanya untuk memberi penegasan.)
* My sister, who works in Miami, is visiting me this week.
* Mr. Johnson, however, was not amused.
* The teacher, along with her students, is coming to the party.
Frase kata Depan biasanya tidak mempengaruhi perubahan antara Subjek dan kata Kerjanya.
* The men in the car were shouting wildly.
* The men in the cars were shouting wildly.
* The books on the shelf next to the window are mine.
Namun, ada juga yang membuatnya berubah.
* A lot of people are traveling to Belize these days.
* A lot of milk was left in the refrigerator last night.
* Some of the apples were rotten.
* Some of the wine is too old.
* None of the water is safe to drink.
Relative clause bisa membuat perubahan, tergantung pada arti dan maknanya.
* Mary is the one who takes care of applications.
* Mary is one of the people who take care of applications.
* One of the men who live there is deranged.